LOYALTY PROGRAM TUNE-UP SERVICE
The Tune-Up service is something we’ve provided for years but there’s been so much demand for it most recently that we’ve announced it for companies who need such a service but may be unaware that it exists. We find that companies who operate a loyalty program for a period of time reach the point after a year or so at which they need an in-depth assessment of how their program is working with comparisons to industry benchmarks and best practices. The result is a comprehensive report and roadmap that clients find incredibly enlightening and helpful.
The eight-step process requires four to six weeks and involves the following:
- Obtain access to program data. Depending upon how long the program has been in existence, we prefer to have at least two years of member and detailed transaction data.
- Discuss management’s perceptions of the program. Pros and cons along with a discussion of your original expectations regarding the program and the current reality of the program’s performance. Categories include but are not limited to:
- Strategic – how does it contribute to your business?
- Tactical/operational – what operational and/or logistical burdens are created by the program on staff?
- Review/discuss past and current methods of communicating the program to guests:
- Social media.
- Any targeted promotions that may have been deployed to members.
- Conduct in-depth data analysis.
- Interim discussion with management. This allows us to get some reality-checks based on what we see in our analysis and have some discussion about the causes and implications of what we see.
- Final analysis and development of recommendations.
- Recommendations regarding the overall structure of the program.
- Recommendations regarding program communications, operations and rules.
- Recommendations regarding specific data-driven tactical promotions that are likely to profitably generate incremental sales.
- Recommended strategy/process for implementing any significant changes to the program. This includes outlining the potential outcomes from such changes and a step-by-step methodology to maximize the success of the change implementation.
- Final presentation of analysis and recommendations.
- Follow-up changes to analysis and recommendations based upon discussion.