Posted June 29, 2018
Summary of Responsibilities
This role is primarily focused on the creation of like-type customer communities with the purpose to drive client retention, loyalty, advocacy, growth and community participation. Emphasis is placed on the growth of more community members, and more engagement with community members. Ongoing improvements include reducing the time/labor required to recruit for and maintain the communities, as well as improve the volume of community generated content that we can use in our other marketing activities.
Specific programs may include:
- Advisory Boards
- Regional User Groups
- Ellie Mae Elite Advocate Platform
- Hall of Fame
- Event registration and recruitment
- Special audience subscription programs (eg, Quarterly System Admin Forum)
- Executive, Customer & Partner Gift Program
- 0 direct reports, reports to the Director, Customer Marketing & Advocacy. Level P07
- Lead/Support Ellie Mae’s Client Advocacy Marketing function and manage the development and execution of fully-integrated, multi-channel marketing efforts to further client satisfaction, loyalty and adoption. Areas of responsibility include:
- Problem Solving: Performs detailed information gathering and analysis to build solutions to problems and challenges.
- Voice of the customer: Develop deeper relationships with our user communities to gain insight into their needs and develop a client feedback mechanism to ensure the voice of the client is being heard and programs are in place based on the feedback.
- Customer References and customer advocacy: Actively seek out client evangelists and manage the development of sales tools, case studies, videos, and campaigns to highlight their successes.
- Customer community: Develop, nurture and monitor a thriving customer community through online channels, social media, and regional user groups.
- Customer Events: Working with events staff, drive content and strategy/activities for key customer events including the annual user conference, Regional User Groups, and Advisory Board meetings.
- Client Communications: Design and execute communications plans and vehicles to keep customers informed and engaged.
- BA/BS in Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field, or equivalent experience required, MBA desired
- Minimum 5-7 years marketing experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Client/Customer Marketing for B2B software or technology company, with proven ability to deliver consistently strong measurable results
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful
- Experience working with writers, creative services, external agencies, consultants, research firms and third party resources, defining and driving marketing projects – such as acquisition, adoption and retention programs; online campaigns; web content and collateral development; direct marketing programs; print and online advertising; incentive programs; tradeshows; etc.
- Must have excellent teamwork, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Prior success working with mortgage, lending or financial services – a plus
- High energy, creative and flexible
- Passionate about customers
- Passionate about marketing; creative; insightful; open-minded
- Results-driven, with a track record of success and accomplishments
- Able to identify marketing opportunities, translate strategy into tactical results and ideas into action
- Highly self-motivated and dedicated; someone who will do what it takes to get the job done and deliver intended results
- Collaborative team player
- Strategic thinker and willing to roll up sleeves and do hands on work
- Adaptive, resilient and able to succeed in a fast-paced, changing, dynamic environment – with proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities