In the hospitality industry, people matter.
That’s why here at Choice Hotels we’re always looking for exceptional people – people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done – and done well.
At Choice, we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality – and we offer support, a strong culture, a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to thrive. Choice brings together people, brands, and technology to enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it’s you.
We are looking for an innovative, self-starter who is able to diligently research and evaluate the potential success of a Choice Hotels or Choice Privileges partner. The incumbent will operate with honesty and integrity while negotiating these partnerships which maximize Choice’s value proposition while incrementally maximizing Choice’s revenue. This person will also leverage existing marketing and advertising mediums to develop new strategies to offer partnership opportunities that are mutually beneficial while achieving incremental revenue.
What you will do…
- Research, identify, prioritize, quantify and negotiate with prospective business partners to meet loyalty and corporate needs while incrementally monetizing the relationship and driving awareness and increasing wallet share for all parties invested in the relationship.
- Establish and monitor sales objectives to ensure both individual and departmental goals are achieved. Prepare quarterly/annual forecasts and performance updates as requested.
- Negotiate and close partnership deals for the Choice Privileges program and Choice Hotels. Work with legal and compliance teams to ensure contract terms are consistent and represent financial terms discussed during contract negotiations. Ensure stakeholder approval.
- Work with CP Operations team to understand the competitive landscape (both hospitality and non-hospitality) to identify, scope and understand the parameters of the partnership from an IT perspective. Must track progress of development for any enhancements that require IT development.
- Participate in department and corporate projects as assigned.
Skills you have..
- BA or BS degree required.
- Experience in hospitality or corporate sponsorships highly preferred.
- Broad network and understanding of business drivers across other travel subsectors.
- Superior sales and account relationship skills. Proven track record of consistent sales goal achievement (please include metrics in resume or cover letter).
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive, learn quickly and understand the hospitality and loyalty organization.
- High-level negotiation skills with proven record of developing and closing complex agreements.
- Ability to interact with many levels of an organization.
- 7+ years sales and/or business development experience with proven record of exceeding target goals.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business planning, financial modeling and resulting growth.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and facilitate the objectives of the department under general direction while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Travel required (up to 50%)
- Must be able to uphold Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus and respect.