When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Marketing team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who will direct the multi-year vision and ownership for IHG Business Rewards and any future B2B extension programs and is accountable for the development and implementation of innovative region specific loyalty initiatives (and/or for specific key in-region markets) to build deep customer loyalty and improved market share. The Director, B2B Loyalty Programs delivers to the region(s) expertise in loyalty trends and continuous improvement of B2B loyalty program. He/She sets regional B2B loyalty deployment strategies to ensure program standards are maintained (e.g. Enrollments, Recognition, Training) and maintains ownership of Global & Regional program deployment tools (e.g. Loyalty Champion). The Director leads the implementation of B2B loyalty-specific Global Sales & Marketing (GSM) strategic initiatives and ensures alignment with the regional strategies. The role is accountable for the delivery of budgeted B2B loyalty revenues. He/She works in close alignment with global B2C loyalty team to ensure product roadmaps and technical capability is developed to respond to regional needs (e.g. loyalty platforms, CRM tools). The Director, B2B Loyalty Programs creates a first class development environment that strengthens team pride and alignment with business objectives. He/She constantly seeks out insights on competitors and loyalty trends to improve programs and processes that can strengthen our company’s competitive edge. This leader will become an integral point of contact to the Commercial team so as to provide advice on opportunity areas and recommendations for improving the business while achieving the Company’s objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Create annual business plans, budgets and performance targets to achieve department goals in B2B customer loyalty, revenue production and cost control.
- Guide and maintain a culture of continuous understanding of global and regional loyalty trends and program improvement to maintain a competitive advantage and deliver higher customer loyalty.
- In partnership with global loyalty owners responsible for the regional B2B loyalty experience and delivery of program communications. Collaborates with regional deployment teams to ensure program standards are maintained (e.g. Enrollments, Recognition, Training).
- Direct regional program input with Global team who has final accountability for main cost levers (breakage, Redeemed Point Cost) to maximize the efficiency of the P&L and prevent future liability exposure. Lead strong regional collaboration with the global team as they create and direct financial policy for: 1) the B2B loyalty program cash reserve (over $280 million) by managing the main cost levers (Redeemed Point Cost; Breakage), directing outside actuarial inputs and monitoring customer point usage trends; and 2) setting reward pricing policy (both pricing to consumers and reimbursements to vendors/hotels).
- Sponsors and / or leads multi-functional, regional task forces/project groups to scope and implementB2B loyalty program advancements and products in-tune with overall strategic prioritisation.
- Influences the annual global strategic planning process to represent key regional initiatives and focus markets.
- Establishes extensive knowledge base through internal and external sources in order to define and set an innovative agenda for regional B2B loyalty delivery. Identifies and responds to key consumer/industry trends and determines future regional B2B loyalty scenarios.
- Create an environment for a highly engaged team and lead towards maximum effectiveness by developing team members towards their full potential, assigning roles/tasks that facilitate personal growth and shepherding people over time toward roles where they continue to develop and operate suited to their professional areas of strength.
- Lead assigned functions within established budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals, performance standards, and operating procedures for assigned functions. Participate in creation and management of department staffing and capital budgets.
- Responsible for monitoring performance and developing recommendations for improvements of member guest experiences through B2B loyalty program at hotel level and through IHG Guest Relations.
- Direct and oversee the design and development of significant and highly complex projects to ensure business objectives are meet and exceeded.
- Establish and maintain relationships with peer management, including global loyalty owners, worldwide sales, centralized IT groups, regional brand teams and develop a strong working knowledge of all regional Commercial business functions and objectives.
- Develop competency and understanding of the Digital, Loyalty and Partner Marketing business and strategic direction to ensure accurate translation of requirements into specifications to global loyalty owners.
- Plan, organize, control and lead subordinate functions within established schedules, budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals, performance standards and operating procedures for assigned functions. Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
10 + years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position including loyalty experience and 5 to 7 years of managing teams and / or significant complex projects.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the interpretation and translation of market research into actionable information.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of travel loyalty programs.
- General understanding of database tools, data warehousing and data mining.
- Understanding of hotel operations and the data flows within the Company.
- Demonstrated proficiency in identifying, directing and developing effective marketing creative and copy.
- Experience in managing 3rd party marketing agencies
- Demonstrated financial proficiency to manage program financials.
- Understanding and knowledge of regional markets and key unique geographies.
- Understanding and awareness of data privacy laws.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing people.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, and staff.