It appears that rewards programs aren’t just for adults anymore. Barnes & Noble has taken a clever approach to rewarding their customers by appealing to their younger customer segment – kids! They boast “Fun, Free, Rewards & Special Offers.” It’s not just the kids they’re targeting with the Kid’s Club – parents certainly don’t mind saving money while encouraging their children to learn and read more. Here are some of the fun and free rewards the Kid’s Club has to offer:
- Welcome Gift — As a thank you for joining the club, they offer 30% off any one kid’s book or toy
- Loyalty Rewards — $5 reward for every $100 spent on items for kids
* They cap it off at 4 rewards every year of active enrollment
- Birthday Club — Parents receive a coupon for a free cupcake or cookie that can be used the week of the child’s birthday
- Additional Benefits – A monthly email newsletter with additional savings and offers and recommendations for age appropriate products and fun activities for children
Barnes & Noble’s has found a very smart way to incentivize both parents and kids with their Kid’s Club rewards program meanwhile encouraging more reading. Appealing to children is a unique approach to a rewards program and a true win-win for both the customer and the retailer. For more information, visit the Kid’s Club webpage.